On Sunday, 13 September 2015 at 17:17:18 UTC, bitwise wrote:
On Saturday, 12 September 2015 at 20:37:37 UTC, BBasile wrote:
UFCS is good but there are two huge problems:
- code completion in IDE. It'will never work.

By this do you mean completion will be flooded?

If so, then +1.

I would much prefer something like C# extension methods, but where the first argument has to be typed so that every random template UFC under the sun doesn't appear in completion.

    class Foo {
       void foo() {}
    }

    void bar(this Foo foo, int arg) { }    // fine
void baz<T>(this T t) { } // compile error: first arg can't be a template
    void boo(Foo foo)   // fine, but can't be used like a UFC

    int Main(string[] args) {
        Foo foo = new Foo();
        foo.bar(1); // fine
        foo.baz(); // error, undefined method 'baz'
        boo(foo); // fine
        foo.boo(); // error, undefined method 'boo'
    }

Yes this exactly what I meant. But a few hours after starting the topic i'm less excited about the feature. I was biased by the fact that i uniquely use DCD while there is of course also A.Bothe completion system and the default Visual D completion (don't know if it's been droped since the last time i used VD but there was setting to use Bothe's completion system in stead of VD's one).