On Tuesday, 15 September 2015 at 18:15:46 UTC, Freddy wrote:
On Tuesday, 15 September 2015 at 18:10:06 UTC, BBasile wrote:
Ok, sorry I didn't know this concept so far.
So there would be a kind of 'compile-time instance' of File with a modifiable member ?

A simplified version of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typestate_analysis Where types can have compile time state(enum) that change as they are used.

Ok, I see. So type states can be used in static analysis to find possible bugs if certain states-pattern are not found. In the file example if after FState.open, fState.close is never found then a compiler could emitt a warn about a possible leak or something...wow that's pretty edgy...