On Wednesday, 16 September 2015 at 20:35:16 UTC, Wyatt wrote:
On Wednesday, 16 September 2015 at 08:53:24 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

I don't think he is downplaying it. He has said that it will probably take at least 10 years before it is available in hardware. There is also a company called Rex Computing that are looking at unum:

Oh hey, I remember these jokers. They were trying to blow some smoke about moving 288 GB/s at 4W. They're looking at unum? Of course they are; care to guess who's advising them? Yep.

I'll be shocked if they ever even get to tape out.

Yes, of course, most startups in hardware don't succeed. I assume they get knowhow from Adapteva.