On 10/06/2015 01:54 PM, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Tue, 2015-10-06 at 16:21 +0000, Dejan Lekic via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Tuesday, 6 October 2015 at 16:12:12 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
Has anyone got a small example of microservices using D, with
Vibe.d or otherwise, that I can make use of? I need some
examples of small microservices for a session at μCon 2015.

As far as I know, there is no implementation of microservices as
we see in the Java world. IMHO, D community should come up with a
good microservices architecture. As you pointed out, it could be
based on vibed.

Pity, microservices is a very fashionable thing just now, and Go is wiping
the floor with Node and Java. Well that bit is opinion but… many people are
getting into all this non-blocking, event-driven, shared memory stuff and
boiling their brains, whereas the Go folk are doing blocking stuff using
dataflow which is much easier to program.

Felt stupid for not being hip to this "microservices" thing you say, so just looked it up. But it sounds to me like it's basically just a buzz-driven rediscovery of the basic principles of proper encapsulation and Unix philosophy ("do one thing and do it well").

(Kinda like how "cloud" sounds like a big fancy new revolution until you realize it's just the hip new word for "internet" or "hosted". Or "Facade design pattern" vs plain old "It's a thin wrapper".)

Does that sound about accurate, or am I missing something?