On Monday, 12 October 2015 at 12:41:53 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
On Monday, 12 October 2015 at 12:10:15 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
It may have something to do with the projects that we have, but regardless of the reason, VS is incredibly slow to start and has been on every machine that I've used at my current job. Obviously, YMMV given that some of the folks here are saying that it's incredibly slow, whereas others are saying that it's quite fast.

Well, loading a solution depends on its size, it's like databases. VS loads the solution quickly, then loads projects asynchronously. While they are loading you can press F6 to build the solution, use source control explorer etc.

VS outright freezes with Windows saying that it's "not responding" for a couple of when I start it up. So, whatever it's up to, I can't do _anything_ with it for a couple of minutes. The rest of the box is usable while that happens, but not VS.

- Jonathan M Davis