On 10/17/2015 2:24 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
I wish the extent of platform support for GDC and LDC was clearer. I
decided not to list any platforms on D's download page unless support
for those platforms was rock-solid and is expected to work.

At least at that time, iOS and Android support, as I understood it, was
in the "well, if you download this thing some guy uploaded to his
personal website and patch that file and don't do this thing which
doesn't work yet, you might get a "hello world" that runs from the
terminal if you SSH in" ballpark. I'm not sure we should be advertising
support for any platform at that level. Personally, I feel that if a
platform/architecture is listed on a language's download page, I should
be able to download the compiler and build a fully-working application
within a few minutes, and as I understand we are nowhere close to that
yet. I don't feel particularly strong about this, but if we do decide to
lower the bar, then we should reconsider all the other platforms that
have been left out (such as the long list of GDC architectures which I
understood Iain to say that, well, since the build succeeds and Debian
successfully packages it, then it has to work. I might be wrong, though,
which is my point exactly - there is really insufficient information
about what exactly one can expect to work on each platform/architecture
(and their combinations).

I think it'll be alright if these are clearly marked as unofficial and alpha quality, and perhaps with a blurb with some details on what it's state actually is, like "compiles hello world".