On Thursday, 22 October 2015 at 14:07:17 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Thursday, 22 October 2015 at 13:26:37 UTC, Szymon Gatner wrote:
At the moment, simplest integration presented in Adam Ruppe's book does not work on Windows (x64 or x86).

Have you tried a C++ class without a virtual destructor too? That's the trickiest part in the first part of the book and maybe that is what broke recently. I haven't tried any of this for like a year now.

The other part about mimicing with structs is a fragile thing anyway, I presented it because you can make it work, you're just on your own.

No, I just tried your code verbatim (as I do with every new D release). Problem now is casting Animal down to Cat (in freeCat()) on the D side, casting results in null after pointer was passed to C++.

I have no idea what is suppose to work in D/C++ interop as there is very little (or outdated) information on the subject.