Currently D has some very very powerful compile time features, but they can get unwieldily quickly when doing compile time reflection with mildly complicated logic. It's pretty disappointing. I'd like to start a discussion around some of the problems I've ran into using these features. If there aren't bugzilla reports, I can open them but I'm not entirely sure how to file these appropriately.

1) There seems to be many cases where __traits(allMembers, ...) over a package produces symbol strings which cannot be converted to a symbol using __traits(getMember). Also __traits is not useable in reasonable contexts( alias foo = __traits(..)). E.g.

This will fail due to weird symbols being returned from allMembers.
```
import std.stdio;

enum hack(A...) = A;

int main() {
        foreach(member; __traits(allMembers, std.stdio)) {
                pragma(msg, member);
                alias sym = hack!(__traits(getMember, std.stdio, member))[0];
        }
        return 0;
}
```

2) There are oddities around getting the types of functions which are properties:

e.g. (Note the __compiles, and addressing the member):

```
//Gets the member type, even for properties.
private template MemberType(C, string memberName)
{
alias member = TypeTuple!(__traits (getMember, C, memberName))[0];

    static if (__traits (compiles, typeof(&member)))
    {
        static if (isSomeFunction!(typeof(&member)))
        {
            alias MemberType = typeof(&member);
        }
        else
        {
            alias MemberType = typeof(member);
        }
    } else {
        alias MemberType = typeof(member);
```

3) Additionally, any kind of iteration becomes very unwieldy. This kind of code becomes necessary in common cases. (E.g. pass in a list of packages and reduce to a AliasSeq of type symbols)

```
import std.stdio : writeln;
import std.typetuple;

// This won't work:
/+
private template stuff(Args...) {
        /+ static +/ foreach(Arg; Args) {
+/

// Must do this instead:
private template expand(Args...)
{
        static if (Args.length > 0)
        {
                static if (Args.length > 1)
                {
enum stuff = AliasSeq!(repeat!(Args[0], Args.length), stuff!(Args[1..$]));
                }
                else static if (Args.length == 1)
                {
                        enum stuff = AliasSeq!(repeat!(Args[0], Args.length));

private template repeat(alias T, int times) {
        static if ( times > 1 ) {
                enum repeat = AliasSeq!(T, repeat!(T, times-1));
        } else static if (times == 1) {
                enum repeat = AliasSeq!(T);

enum things = expand!("A","B","C");

void main() {