On Thursday, 3 December 2015 at 20:51:02 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
I vaguely remembered I saw something like this a while ago:

http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/f11894a098c6

The trick could be more fluent, but it might have merit. Has anyone explored it? Is it a viable candidate for becoming a D idiom?

I was looking at this in conjunction with choosing a naming convention for container functions. Some functions are "stable" so that would be part of their name, e.g. insertStable or stableInsert. With this, it's possible to write lst.stable.insert.

Andrei

I don't understand how it is namespace (it's just named scope for me) and why do we need template for that? Probably struct with static members would work the same without need for instantiating the template.

When talking about namespaces in the C++ sense, the feature of namespace is that it can be scattered among many files and can be 'using'.