On Friday, 4 December 2015 at 20:58:02 UTC, tcak wrote:
On Friday, 4 December 2015 at 09:30:08 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 12/4/2015 12:48 AM, Dicebot wrote:
[...]

I don't understand your comment that modules are broken. With imports, you can use the module name as a prefix or not.

The problem with using modules at this point is, as I come to same conclusion, that it forces name repetitions. Example I am defining many APIs right now for database operations. File is over thousand of lines, and each API is used for separate operations. I can create
a separate module for each API to decrease complexity, but than
both the name of module and name of API function are almost same
thing. And, as it is very clearly seen in Phobos as well, many
names are repeated again and again which creates ugly code. I even cannot propose any solution to this other then following the long way: using package.d to alias same function in both module and package
which feels hackish.

Andrei is, I guess, following that approach to prevent this as well.

Another solution of mine was to allow giving same name to multiple
module files. So, compile would merge them as they are single. This would very easily solve the most name repetition problems. (There is a security risk here as overriding is possible, but I ignore it for now).