On Thursday, 3 December 2015 at 20:37:04 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On 12/3/15 3:16 PM, Meta wrote:
On Thursday, 3 December 2015 at 19:10:04 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
And the lack of semi-colons has poisoned me from writing syntactically
valid lines in D :)

Surprisingly (or not), lack of semicolons is something that I have sorely missed in D/++/Java/C#/etc. ever since I first tried Ruby. There's a lot to be said for the little quality of life features in a
language.

You may misunderstand -- I prefer semicolons. But having to write swift code for a few weeks, I find now when I write D code I forget them all the time (where usually my proper semi-colon rate is near 100%).

-Steve

Since you have experience, what is the level of the language? Is it C or Javascript level? It is not clear by looking at example codes, and I do not have much time these days to try anything new. (My first post was written by looking at code examples.)

Are you able to define C bindings? Can I do socket programming? Are Posix function accessible? How is the speed?