On 12/17/2015 5:44 AM, John Colvin wrote:
On Thursday, 17 December 2015 at 11:47:23 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 12/16/2015 11:12 AM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
Having said that, though, using ddoc for the website leads to other
problems (e.g., the ongoing fiasco with XREF, LREF, whatever-REF and the
associated relative/absolute URL nightmare that a proper web authoring
system would have taken care of by default).

Annoying, and maybe you have to spend a couple minutes picking the right one
if you've forgotten for the moment => absolute nightmare? Come on.

How does a user who happens to spot a mistake in the docs and wants to help work
this out?

1. he can file a bugzilla issue

2. he can click on the "Improve this page"

3. to find out what LREF does:

    grep LREF *.ddoc

If what a trivial text macro does is beyond his ken, and/or using grep, I wonder if he should be improving programming documentation at all. I do expect this to be part of the baseline knowledge a programmer should have. I wouldn't expect an accountant to know this stuff.