On 12/19/15 12:01 AM, Jakob Ovrum wrote:

After further changes I was able to add `Params:` and `Returns:` with
some valuable information, but it also comes with a fair amount of
redundancy. I think a lot of our current functions have more than
adequately documented parameters and return values, just without using
sections. Some redundancy can be a good thing, but for most of those
functions I don't see how simple-mindedly adding purely redundant
information is impactful.

The important thing is not those sections but that parameters and return
values are documented.

Agreed there's got to be measure in everything. I'm thinking in those cases the existing documentation should be reformatted with the standard sections.

When you do standard-formatted documentation for many functions at once, it seems kinda trite. But for folks who work on some program and want to look up one function, reliance on a standard uniform format is very helpful.