On Saturday, 2 January 2016 at 11:31:24 UTC, Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:
I am a long time observer of D but have never done any coding in D. I have considered using D several times but have ended up either going with C++ or Java.

I feel that for someone like me it is not clear what significant advantages D has over C++ or Java to make a switch. I cannot afford to experiment with a language unless I know for certain the benefits of using it.

My post here was triggered after watching a video by Andrei where he talked about how D generics are different from C++ templates - I think stuff like that needs to be explained in the front page of D website.

To clarify - the reason for my post here is to raise that the benefits of D over C++ or Java should be explained right up-front on D website in real world terms (i.e. with examples and benchmarks) to help people like me.

Regards
Dibyendu