On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 12:33:54 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
In the next couple of days I'll be doing a feedback thread on my windowing and image library.
After that I hope to see it to completion.

Cool! Are you going to use the libraries for an application?

Maybe some web development and assembly related stuff!

What kind of assembly related things are you interested in? Would WebAssembly/asm.js be interesting? If someone is interested in creating a compiler for a small subset of D to WebAssembly/asm.js then I'd like to participate. Something small enough to be completed quickly (meaning "sunday programming").

Here are my (hopeful, given enough spare time) plans for D:

1. Code up a new experimental unicode-syntax for a subset of D now that the C++ to D transition is "complete", with a fair selection of unicode operators and symbols (e.g. "π", "∑", "≤", "≠" etc).

2. Toying with WebAssembly.

3. Finish some basic libraries for memory-slicing, queues, hashes and so.

I probably can't use D for any work related in 2016 :-/. For work I probably will continue to use C/C++/Objective-C++ (iOS/asm.js), Python (web), Go(web), TypeScript(web) and maybe adopt Angular2, Swift(iOS).

On the web side I am locked down to these language because of tooling and infrastructure support. On the iOS side tooling prevents adoption of non-Apple tech.

The only work-related area where I can use D (or Rust) in 2016 is runtime less asm.js for high performance web client engines. But neither D (or Rust) has asm.js support yet, so... I might dabble with that.