On Monday, 4 January 2016 at 22:58:43 UTC, CraigDillabaugh wrote:
On Thursday, 31 December 2015 at 23:58:32 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
The deadline for the Google Summer of Code, 2016 is February 19th. Which means we have about a month and a half to put something together. For the time being I've recycled last years projects (with one dropped so far):

http://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_2016_Ideas#Ideas

Since we were rejected with, more or less, the same set of proposals last year it seems unlikely we would succeed this year with the same lineup. So some new ideas (or some refreshing of the existing ideas) would be helpful.

clip

Happy New Year to everyone.

Craig

Just bumping my own thread here.

Is there any interest is doing a GSOC application this year within the community? I don't mind doing the admin work, but having even a couple of solid new ideas for projects would improve the odds of a successful application.

What do you think about the idea of building higher-level bindings for Apple mobile + Android as a project, now that the compiler itself is at a useful stage of development?