On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 12:27:12 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
I wonder what kind of programming people plan or _hope_ to use D for in 2016?

Do you have plans to:

8. or something else?

What other languages do you think you will use or toy with in 2016 and for what purpose?

What would it take for you to use D instead, or what changes would be needed for you to move from language X to D?

I've been lurking here for a long time, but this year I need to actually do some projects in D and learn it in the process.

Things on my wish list:

1. Write some data processing code in D for work. Currently I'm using Python/C++, and D would be a very good replacement. If things turn out good, I may become a happy D-at-work coder :)

2. Make a working prototype of my toy language, Venus, in D. (https://github.com/zhaopuming/Venus)

3. Learn about SDC and hopefully make some contributions. Venus is implemented based on SDC design/code.

4. Dive into dlangui/dlangide, and make a simple repl/editor for my language with them.