On Saturday, 9 January 2016 at 16:05:34 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
You need it in the tests.

If memory writes will reorder, then current tests will fail. Memory reades can be in any order.

On Saturday, 9 January 2016 at 16:05:34 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
I haven't used atomics in D, but you have

atomicLoad(MemoryOrder ms = MemoryOrder.seq, T)(ref const shared T val) atomicStore(MemoryOrder ms = MemoryOrder.seq, T, V1)(ref shared T val, V1 newval)

I do not understand how to use its right. So i simple use atomicFence. Performance does not degrade.