On Saturday, 9 January 2016 at 17:49:46 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
On Saturday, 9 January 2016 at 17:44:26 UTC, Andy Smith wrote:
Unfortunately I'm not well versed enough on the internals of the three main compiler versions to give an opinion on whether this will be a problem or not :-(

It might work on DMD, but I know from experience (one-to-many queues, i.e. single-consumer-multi-producer or the other way round) that the LDC optimizer will ruthlessly break code written in that "I know that it would work in assembly, let's just hope the compiler doesn't touch it" style.

 — David

Ah Cheers David... I think our messages crossed :-)

Cheers,

A.