On Friday, 8 January 2016 at 22:32:59 UTC, anonymous wrote:
My implementation of the redesign is pretty much complete.

Check it out: http://d-ag0aep6g.rhcloud.com/

Looks great!

3) New Pages

Aside from the overall style changes and menu reorganization, I also added overview pages for the articles and for the tools:

http://d-ag0aep6g.rhcloud.com/articles.html
http://d-ag0aep6g.rhcloud.com/tools.html

They feature new text that should be proofread.

Also great.

4) Fonts

Vladimir Panteleev has spoken out against web fonts [2]. His argument is that they can look fine on one system but bad on another. Indeed the recently changed code font on dlang.org looks pretty bad for me while the default 'monospace' looks just fine, which is why I reverted that in the redesign.

One nitpick here: can you change the function signatures to use a monospace font (any will do really)? Also, can you institute this change to the function signatures as well: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/1169

5) Justified Text

Andrei loves it, everybody else hates it. I killed it as the mockup didn't have it. Is that ok, or is justified text a must?

See my arguments here: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/1152

6) Red For Clickables Only?

Currently, the site uses red almost exclusively for clickable stuff. But it's also used as a highlight color for non-clickable things. For example in phobos signatures:

http://d-ag0aep6g.rhcloud.com/phobos/object.html#.Object

The left borders of the signature boxes are red, and the documented symbol is highlighted with red.

Red does not signal clickability here. I don't like that and I'd prefer to go with another color for generic highlighting, reserving red for clickable stuff.

I would take the converse of your conclusion because I have to disagree with the use of red for links. People expect links to be blue and underlined and darker when they are already visited; it's one of the only design standards that exists on the web.

If you change links to be blue, then you can keep red as a highlight color.