On Tuesday, 12 January 2016 at 22:28:13 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 01/12/2016 03:56 PM, John Colvin wrote:
Please consider the second design I proposed?

I don't think it solves a large problem. -- Andrei

Ok. Would you consider any solution, or is that a "leave it broken"?

I think I can find a way around the problem for my purposes in the short term. However, for other people implementing custom types I think it is important, it's a dirty corner that needs sorting out. The more you get to know D, the more of them you find, the more frustrating it gets seeing they aren't likely to get fixed...