On 2016-01-24 15:22, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

I don't know which database engines are "real", but there are fully
vibe.d compatible drivers for at least MySQL, Postgres and Cassandra.

I had some bad experience with the Postgres driver (ddb [1], not sure if that's the one you're referring to). Mostly issues with how it handled Nullable and Variant and how it interacted with Phobos.

Built-in solutions are requested from time to time, but the plan is
actually to go into the opposite direction and make the MongoDB and
Redis clients separate libraries.

That make sense. But they could still be official supported. The same happens with Rails, but you still get everything you need when generating a new Rails application. Either installed automatically or in comments. "Add this gem to access SQLite, add that gem to access Postgres" and so on.

[1] https://github.com/pszturmaj/ddb

--
/Jacob Carlborg