On Sunday, 7 February 2016 at 01:20:26 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
I posted a link to your repo a couple days ago in IRC.
Honestly? I like it. It looks reasonably well made.

Thanks. I saw a link to it in a recent thread in Learn. I figured I'd finally make a proper post on it.

There is a bit of work regarding interfaces + ranges.
I.e. Sink really should be inheriting from OutputRange!ubyte

I haven't had much use for the interfaces, which is why they aren't fleshed out. Do you have any particular use cases for this in mind?

Its no where near Phobos quality and that is ok for now.

I agree. The documentation needs work and I imagine there are lots of use cases that aren't well supported. Increased visibility and usage definitely helps with finding the warts.

I do think given time it could be a reasonably good base to rework std.socket, std.stdio, std.stream, std.cstream and std.mmfile into a completely new set of modules.

Most of that code it would end up replacing is I think almost 10 years old either way its from D1 and I think we can do better.