Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
Pelle Månsson wrote:
Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Pelle Månsson wrote:
Also, foreach with a single variable should default to keys, in my opinion.

That is debatable as it would make the same code do different things for e.g. vectors and sparse vectors.

Andrei

Debatable indeed, but I find myself using either just the keys or the keys and values together, rarely just the values. Maybe that's just me.

I've used iteration over values more often than iteration over keys.

Besides, I think consistency is important. Since the default for an ordinary array is to iterate over the values, it should be the same for associative arrays.

-Lars
I don't understand this, when do you want the values without the keys? If you do, shouldn't you be using a regular array?

Actually, it doesn't matter all that much, as long as we get .keys and .values as alternatives.