On Friday, 19 February 2016 at 01:49:12 UTC, Alex Parrill wrote:
On Thursday, 18 February 2016 at 03:39:30 UTC, Kapps wrote:
On Thursday, 18 February 2016 at 03:38:42 UTC, Kapps wrote:

This is what I did with OpenGL for my own bindings. It had some nice benefits like having the documentation be (mostly) accessible.

Unfortunately, turns out the spec contains a lot of typos, including wrong arguments / function names.

And I should clarify, ahead of time to generate a .d file, not at compile-time. :P

Yea, by "directly", I meant using D templates and CTFE, not a script that generates a D file.

For my own project, since I just need the function names, I'm using a Python script to generate a CSV file from the OpenGL spec, then importing/parsing that with D. It's neat, but slows down the build a lot. I haven't had any issues with typos, though.

What about all the other layers (currently) found in the LunarG SDK? Without them its just toying around with Vulkan. Porting them manually seems a lot of work, how can this be tackled automatically?