On Wednesday, 24 February 2016 at 21:12:23 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
It's obvious that Walter considers arity to be part of the identity of an operator. If you find pleasure in finding irony in misrepresented statements, feel free. I don't.

There's nothing misrepresented in what I wrote. If you want arity to be part of the identity, you might as well including typing. That just a very convenient rewriting of reality, typical apologetic D-advocacy. The operator is the symbol and reusing it for something unrelated has a negative effect on usability.

You guys need to stop complaining about the insignificant splinters of C++ and start worrying about the beams that are stumbling blocks for D. C++ is alive and kicking...