Hello, I looked over the language specification, and I could not find any statement which says where version conditions are permitted. I assumed that they would be permitted most places that #if would be reasonable in C, but evidently that is not true as they do not work within enumerations. I would definitely like the following code to work.

enum Tag
{
   A, B, C,
   version (5) {
      D, E,
   }
   version (7) {
      F, G,
   }
   // ...
}

Added enumerated values based on versions seems like something that would be desirable. I ran into this need when converting a header file to D.

Does anyone know where version conditions are and are not allowed currently? Would version conditions within enumerations be a good feature to add to D2?

If people like the idea, but the implementation is prevented due to manpower issues, I can possibly try to implement it if you give me a pointer on potential issues and where to look within the source code.