On Monday, 7 March 2016 at 06:02:46 UTC, Patience wrote:
On Monday, 7 March 2016 at 00:19:07 UTC, Xinok wrote:
Please no. If I need to open up Character Map just to write code, something has gone horribly wrong.

A proper code editor could handle this. Type something like ctrl + ? and it pops up all the implemented uni-code operators.

Else we are stuck in the past until you decide to change...

I'm reminded. Weren't there standard 50-something keyboards, and then 101 keyboards? And you actually COULDN'T do programming on the 50-key keyboards because literally standard symbols were missing?

Honestly it would be annoying to have to pull up character map, memorize ascii or unicode characters, or even require a helper program which isn't present on most tools.

I have an excellent idea! I'll start programming using nothing but the greek alphabet, better yet unicode characters!

 //謎機能
 int æ(File ß, int Ɣ, int Ʊ) {
   return Ɣ 乘 Ɣ 加 Ʊ 子 7;
 }

Actually let's alias off the ints too because, we don't need those.

 //謎機能
 數 æ(數 Ɣ, 數 Ʊ) {
   return Ɣ 乘 Ɣ 加 Ʊ 子 7;
 }

i happy i cut & paste everywhere (instead of relying on standardized ascii characters that actually mean something to me... Okay maybe this went off track)