On Tuesday, 29 March 2016 at 17:37:15 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
Linux/GNOME (and any other Linux DE based on GTK):
Use the QGtkStyle theme:
<https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Uniform_look_for_Qt_and_GTK_applications#QGtkStyle>
It's a theme for Qt that *uses* GTK to render, therefore actually being native. (I've never actually used it though, since I think native GTK/GNOME/etc looks visually awful regardless of theme. And those file dialogs, ugh! Wish I could nuke those from my entire system.)

Well I'll disagree in that I much prefer the look of GTK 3 over Qt5, at least as I've seen it in KDE but that's a personal opinion. I run a Gnome/GTK3 environment so I avoid Qt apps as much as possible.

Note that an equivalent of QGtkStyle which goes the other way (rendering GTK programs using Qt) is no longer possible since GTK recently eliminated non-CSS themes (in a point release, no less).

I think this uses Gtk2 though and not Gtk3, there are some differences in how Gtk2 renders versus Gtk3 so it won't be completely seamless.

Therefore, Qt *is* the absolute winner here. It's basically native everywhere. GTK isn't, and without a major policy reversal, cannot be.

Even though I love Gtk I will agree with this, for cross platform work Qt is a better option then Gtk, just too bad about the lack of bindings.