On 03/04/2016 9:12 PM, Joakim wrote:
I though Laeeth had a good suggestion on how to market D a couple months
ago, as the current front-page pitch may be too general for some chunk
of readers:

"A set of 'channels' for different use cases might be helpful. Eg
bioinformatics, numerical computing, web, etc.  Both for tutorials and
setting out the advantages."

I'd organize it by adding a usage page to dlang.org with a list of
popular channels like that, with a paragraph of info for each and links
to the wiki with more info about use in that field. The usage page would
have some links from the front page pitch.

As such, we need to collect info on how you all are using D now. If you
are using D in some field like that, please describe what you're doing
and we'll add it to the website.

oo oo oo
an overlay on main page that if you put your cursor over top 1/5th or bottom / scroll it goes away with sliding list of areas D can be used to pages