On Friday, 22 April 2016 at 01:53:02 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Friday, 22 April 2016 at 00:35:21 UTC, Mithun Hunsur wrote:
supporting the presentation rather than _being_ the presentation).

Powerpoints have a bad habit of damaging presentations rather than supporting them...

I hate slides. Focus on making interesting content and consider doing a hand out with actual details.

A slide has less information on it than a tweet.... perhaps best is to think of it as a series of suggested tweets - brief marketing information rather than anything useful.

My favorite advice on giving presentations:

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~jrs/speaking.html

Maybe not everything applies to a talk where you will be showing code, but still great advice in my opinion.