On Sunday, 8 May 2016 at 19:39:11 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 5/8/16 6:47 PM, Lionello Lunesu wrote:
As for location: I attended CodeConf Hong Kong last November, hosted at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. It was a great venue and they're very open to hosting similar events! Show Asia some love! I'll
chase down the responsible people.

Great idea, please do. Thanks! -- Andrei

Observing this thread for a while it seems that everyone wants the future dconf close to his/her home country/state which is pretty understandable.

So I just throw a solution in here that could make more people happy - how about a Dconf US and a Dconf Europe? Seems like the D community is getting big enough.
They could be six-month separated.

Btw in general we should learn from the Js/Python community and encourage people to organize more D meet-ups, hackathons and small conferences ;-)
Maybe the upcoming D Foundation could help to push that?