On 5/12/16 10:05 AM, Ethan Watson wrote:
On Thursday, 12 May 2016 at 13:03:58 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
Not taking one side or another on this, but due to D doing everything
with reals, this is already the case.

Mmmm. I don't want to open up another can of worms right now, but our
x64 C++ code only emits SSE instructions at compile time (or AVX on the
Xbox One). The only thing that attempts to use reals in our codebase is
our D code.

There was a question on the forums a while back about equivalent C++ code that didn't work in D. The answer turned out to be, you had to shoehorn everything into doubles in order to get the same answer.

-Steve