On Friday, 13 May 2016 at 13:17:44 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 5/13/2016 2:12 AM, Chris wrote:
If autodecode is killed, could we have a test version asap? I'd be willing to test my programs with autodecode turned off and see what happens. Others should do likewise and we could come up with a transition strategy based on what happened.

You can avoid autodecode by using .byChar

Hm. It would be difficult to make sure that my whole code base doesn't do something, somewhere that doesn't trigger auto decode.

PS Why does do I get a "StopForumSpam error" every time I post today? Has anyone else experienced the same problem:

"StopForumSpam error: Socket error: Lookup error: getaddrinfo error: Name or service not known. Please solve a CAPTCHA to continue."