I post this only as a warning to others.

Imagine being the kind of person who isn't certain he could actually get Hello World past the D compiler -but (and?) sees the subject "Our Sister" and immediately thinks: "oh, Alexandrescu must be referring to his sister who is a doctor and did the art on the book cover".

   ---Welcome to the world of the PL trainspotter.---

Shoot-me shoot-me shoot-me.

It gets worse: I'm at the supermarket the other day, and the guy at the checkout has a strong Africaans accent. I find myself saying to him; "umm if you right now, like hypothetically, heard the sound of hooves -would you think of horses or zebras" No lie. Try working *that* into a brief conversation about whether you have a store loyalty card.

Forget the Star Wars allusion -think Aliens ...when the Ripley character mercifully torches the wretched mutant clones of herself.

I was an actual programmer once.

please, somebody ..kill .. me