On Sunday, 29 May 2016 at 10:56:57 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
On Sun, 2016-05-29 at 04:08 +0000, Joakim via Digitalmars-d wrote:

[…]
It would be nice if that happened, but Walter has said Symantec isn't interested.  Aren't ldc and GDC enough?

This is why LDC should be seen in the D community as the main production toolchain, and Dub should default to LDC for compilation.

No, no, no, no. We had LDC be the default already on Arch Linux for a while and it was a royal pain. I want to choose to use LDC when and if I need performance. Otherwise, I want my projects to compile as fast possible and be able to use all the shiny new features.

Atila