On 6/2/16 5:35 PM, ag0aep6g wrote:
On 6/2/16 5:24 PM, ag0aep6g wrote:
Nope, that's a radically different matter. As the examples show, the
examples would be entirely meaningless at code unit level.

They're simply not possible. Won't compile.

They do compile.

Yes, you're right, of course they do. char implicitly converts to dchar.
I didn't think of that anti-feature.

As I said: this thread produces an unpleasant amount of arguments in
favor of autodecoding. Even I don't like that :o).

It's more of an argument against char : dchar, I'd say.

I do think that's an interesting option in PL design space, but that would be super disruptive. -- Andrei