On 6/6/16 6:17 AM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
Though, I wish D would just own its decision instead of bowing to Reddit
pressure.

Writing GC's issues off as pressure from reddit would be an
understatement. -- Andrei

I agree. It's telling that nearly all real-world examples we've seen (sociomantic, remedy games, etc.) use D without GC or with specialized handling of GC.

I've had personal experience with "fixing" performance dramatically by removing or minimizing GC allocations. It is important to both get the GC operating more efficiently, and provide easier ways to avoid the GC (or better tutorials on how to do so).

-Steve