On Monday, 6 June 2016 at 20:33:14 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 6/6/2016 12:44 PM, Satoshi wrote:
When I told of D to my boss he had a couple of reasons why not to use D for
development of our products.

* Backward compatibility with existing code.
* D is much more complex than C++

More complex? Wow!

* Not enough tutorials and solved problems in D on stack overflow (LOL) * We have problem to recruit a good C++ not a good D programmer. (1/100 is good)
* My boss does not have free time to learn new things...
* Using GC is strictly prohibited in realtime apps. And D does not have an
compiler supported ARC
* D without GC or ARC is not powerful as it can be.
* More and more people are dumber, we must write our programs for later re-usage by any junior what we must employ. C++ is in this way much more easier than D, cuz you know what every line of your program do. Employ C++ junior programmer and let him to learn D and then work on our projects is not a good (and
cost-effective) idea.

C++ for junior programmers is easier? Wow!

* Not everyone is interested in programming, sometimes people are doing it just
for money.

Yes.
D have much more features than C++ to learn before you can use it in the right way.

I never met programmer who start with D as a first language but I know many poeple who started with C++. You cannot be objective in this case. It's just your point of view.

I made OS in C++ then I rewrote it into D and I must say I had much more problems with D than with C++.