On 6/6/16 5:41 PM, Joseph Cassman wrote:
On Monday, 6 June 2016 at 02:20:52 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
Andrei posted this on another thread. I felt it deserved its own
thread. It's very important.
[...]
* The garbage collector eliminates probably 60% of potential users
right off.

Curious of the progress/plan for RC. From the autodecode thread sounds
like RC-string is still in the works. How's that effort coming along?

Progress is slow but steady.

am guessing it may be guiding the implementation of an RC design for D.
If you and Andrei have a working design perhaps it could be shared (no
pressure, just curious since it is a tough problem to solve). Perhaps
sharing a plan on this front could dispel some of the negativity
attached to the GC?

We will share things as soon as we have something worth sharing.