On 6/7/16 1:19 PM, Wyatt wrote:
On Tuesday, 7 June 2016 at 08:05:58 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
So instead of debating this endlessly, I think this is about the tenth
time this has come up in the last two years, why doesn't a group of
people who know about GC algorithms get together and write a new one?

In addition to the other answers, it's worth noting that most every good
modern GC algorithm I can think of requires barriers.  Walter has
repeatedly and emphatically declared that D will not have barriers, so
we're kind of SoL on on that front.  Java and Go don't have that problem.

So you're saying one of the barriers to adoption is no barriers...

-Steve