On Friday, 10 June 2016 at 08:56:57 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2016-06-09 15:16, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

The precedent is to use whatever the OS defines for the host C compiler.

This is the reason we have lower case "linux" for version, which is inconsistent with other version identifiers, but consistent with Linux's
#define in C code.

That's only true for the "linux" identifier. The other ones are using the more "official" name and casing of the operating system. Example: the C preprocessor identifier for OS X is __APPLE__, but in D it's "OSX".

If this is the case we would want to use Orbis.