On Saturday, 11 June 2016 at 12:44:54 UTC, ketmar wrote:
On Friday, 10 June 2016 at 15:29:01 UTC, Chris wrote:
DScript. Your scripting language already fulfills things that were on my wishlist (easy D interop).

hey, both GML and DACS has some of that too! ;-)

VM["print"] = (string s) { writeln(s); };
VM["add"] = (int a, int b) => a+b;

wow, now we can print things from script, and (for some unknown reason) use function to add two numbers. with DACS you still have to declare function prototypes, but with GML it will "just work" (including conversion from internal nan-boxed doubles to strings and ints, and back).

GML is somewhat limited, but can be extended, and it almost as fast as Lua. DACS, with it's JIT, is sometimes even comparable to gcc -O2 (but only sometimes, lol; and LuaJIT still makes it look like a snail).

Cool. Maybe we should continue this here

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/njfdch$2627$1...@digitalmars.com