On Saturday, 11 June 2016 at 09:23:55 UTC, Chris wrote:
However, with `DScript` I meant a new scripting language that can draw on the power of D, not necessarily a re-implementation of JS. Adam[1] and ketmar[2] have already worked on D based scripting languages. I wonder, if there is interest in creating a D-based (not `debased`) scripting language. D has features that are perfect for scripting or DS languages. Why not try something new? Having a child language might also help with D development in general, who knows.

I'm confused.  I thought I read in TDPL (don't have it handy here
to check) that you could just slap a shebang line on a D program
and you then have a runnable script.  Or something very close to
that construction.  So don't we already have what want?