On Sunday, 19 June 2016 at 13:32:02 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
On Sunday, 19 June 2016 at 06:19:34 UTC, Dicebot wrote:

Which is inherently suboptimal and is a part of Go marketing bullshit not worth spending time on. It also requires heavy runtime modifications (because TLS) unless one wants to totally screw plain fibers.

Proper action item instead would be providing standard event loop and task system in Phobos.

I'm really not much of a fibers user, but I have read a bit on how Chapel handles parallelism and found that very interesting.

Fibers are more of a concurrency than a parallelism tool. Do you have a link to relevant Chapel description? I am not familiar with it.