On Tuesday, 21 June 2016 at 06:30:11 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2016-06-21 06:42, Guido wrote:
Dub doesn't really work like other package managers. When I load a package:

dub fetch scriptlike

It stores it someplace and doesn't say where. You have to run 'dub list' to figure out where. That's is very different than other packages. It
deserves a bigger mention in the meager documentation.

Dub doesn't install packages. It's not a tool meant for end users. If you want something installed in the traditional sense it should go in the system package manager.

Wow, really?
Then what is the fetch command for? I started using dub a recently (2 months ago) and totally didn't notice that there is any other purpose of the fetch command. I even installed dcd, dfmt and dscanner through dub fetch, only to find out these were older versions which didn't work.
So what is the purpose of dub fetch?