On Wednesday, 22 June 2016 at 15:48:03 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

I just see things from the perspective that I learned everything I needed from dub --help and the documentation that *is* online. The forums are linked in the menu item 'About' next to 'Documentation' at the top of code.dlang.org. All the information is there. Sure, it could probably clearer in some places, but it does exist and it is usable today. What needs to be improved?

Suppose you need to link against a .so file that is in another directory. How do you find out how to do that on this page:
http://code.dlang.org/package-format?lang=json

But that's just one case. There are basically no examples at all (and the ones that are there probably don't help). There's not even a good explanation of what Dub is. Rust, on the other hand, offers this: http://doc.crates.io/guide.html

Rust offers something professional that helps you get going quickly (hasn't there been talk about the first five minutes?), D pushes people away from the language. I will not touch Dub because I can't tell others that they should figure out how to use it by looking at the insides of existing packages and then fiddling around with various configurations to see if they can get it to work.

This is not to criticize anyone's work. But it is to say that there is no way Dub, with its current documentation, should be distributed with DMD.