"Anders F Björklund" <a...@algonet.se> wrote in message
news:hde7e8$107...@digitalmars.com...
> Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>
>>> They started the project in "late 2007", which is one year after D was
>>> released. So I guess D is not considered a "new major systems language".
>> I was using D well before late 2006 (and never had any sort of special
>> non-public access).
>
> I meant the 1.0 release, in case that wasn't obvious ?
> The D project was started ten years ago (1999), I think.

Ah. Since 1.0 was just an arbitrary stake-in-the-ground some time after D
was already perfectly usable,so I've never thought of 1.0's release as being
anything special. So to me, when "D was released" means whenever the actual
first release was (or whenever it became practical for actual use,
subjective as that may be), and the only thing notable about the time of
1.0's release was that it was somewhere roughly around that point when D2
branched off.