On 2016-07-16 02:06, Walter Bright wrote:

BTW, even if an app requires all sorts of registry settings, that is
still no excuse. Have a config file, and when the app starts up, it
looks for the registry settings. If not there, it reads the config file,
and sets the registry settings. I.e. it self-installs.

I think that's what most applications on OS X do. They usually store configs in ~/Library/Preferences but they don't need an installer for that. On the other hand, the configs are just plain text in the plist format.

--
/Jacob Carlborg