Walter Bright wrote:
hasenj wrote:
I think the "go" language creators would consider a language with all these features to be bloated.

Probably true. The trouble with a too-simple language, however, is it makes the user code overly complex. Consider the Java IDE that generates hundreds of lines of boilerplate with a single click. The IDE is essentially providing the high level features that the language lacks.

Finding the sweet spot between simplistic and bloat is not at all easy.

What's interesting to me is the approach they take to concurrency: completely different from D's approach. What's more interesting is that their approach comes from their practical experience implementing web servers.

Message passing for concurrency is a solid solution for many types of concurrency problems, but it isn't a panacea.

Do you think D would benefit if you add this (or similar) feature to it?